Skip to main content

VIRGINIA IS FOR LOVERS?


WARNING: SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS BLOG MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO PRUDES


So can someone explain the Republican's obsession with sex and gay people? 

Virginia's Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli is pushing to get their anti-sodomy laws back on the books and enforced claiming it's to protect kids. 

The law reads:

If any person carnally knows in any manner any brute animal, or carnally knows any male or female person by the anus or by or with the mouth, or voluntarily submits to such carnal knowledge, he or she shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony.

Now I agree with brute animal part because that's just nasty I don't care how much you love animals lol... but the rest of it would criminalize some of my favorite sex, even between a married heterosexual couple, well except for good ole vaginal insertion. That part about "any person" does not distinguish heterosexuals from homosexuals so by definition cunninglingus and fellatio are included. The felony comes with a sentence of up to one year. 

Is he CRAZY? 

I don't live in Virginia but I can't imagine it's so puritanical that this is popular. I mean if I had a dollar for every Republican representative that engaged in this felony in the last year I'd have enough to buy that new car I've been eyeing. 

No, what this is, is a thinly veiled attempt to outlaw gay sex by casting such a wide net it would probably catch the rest of us and most of Virginia. The worst part is it excludes all of the young girls who are victims of vaginal rape. If he truly wanted to protect children it would be about children and not this nonsense. This definitely fits into my earlier blog about the 3 Things That Will Doom the GOP. 

The only way this would have helped the GOP is if it was a national law when my third favorite president, Bill Clinton was in office, then he would have been out of luck. Sorry Mr. President, I couldn't help myself but even in 1998 the Republicans were focused on issues of distraction instead of the national interest, least we forget in the midst of all this turmoil this man managed to not only balance the budget but left office with a surplus that was squandered by the Bush Administration.

Now here we are again, 2013 at a time when this country needs jobs and solutions to any number of issues and the GOP is again preoccupied with sex.

I thought one of the standards of the GOP was smaller government well my friends this ain't smaller government and they don't belong in my bedroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OCCUPY WALL STREET IS GOOD FOR AMERICA

Like a lot of fellow Americans and people all over the world I have been following the progression of this movement.  My last blog addressed why the need for movements like this exist but now I am blogging in response to various claims that these protestors are anti-capitalist and therefore Un-American. So let’s start with the definition of Capitalism.  Unfortunately there is no static universal agreement except for certain elements which include; private ownership of development, manufacturing and distribution of goods and services for profit in a market where prices and wages are set by competition. We’ve all heard about Supply and Demand, well COMPETITION is the heart of Supply and Demand. The other important component of the idea of Capitalism is the expectation that it encourages Economic growth.  One last defining point before I jump into it.   As a student of economics I cling to the portion of the idea dealing with Free Markets which c...

The Year of MATH

Hmm... it's been a busy year. I didn't make any entries into this blog. But I did start another focusing on my photograpy. 2012 has been a year of math. Who would have expected this year's presidential race to be so dominated by numbers with special attention paid to percentages.  Let's start with my favorite GOP comedian this year; Pizza mogul Herman Cain. Like a deranged George Jefferson , Herman proposed a simplistic solution to our complicated tax code, he called, his 9-9-9 plan .  I won't go into detail here except to say it was reported to sound very much like the 9-9-9 plan of the SIM City video game. Herman finally suspended his campaign after dropping to about 8% support. The gaping chasm between the ultra rich and the rest of us was a major point of contention and the subject of several of my blog posts. The growing discontent gave rise to the Occupy movement and the division of America into the 99% and ... obviously the 1% .  The movement g...

TRAYVON

W hat we witnessed last night July 13, 2013 doesn't even come close to resembling justice yet it’s the system we live under; a system that is sending a clear and not so subtle message that people of color are not equally protected under the law. Do not tell me this wasn't racial. Do not insult my intelligence with fairy tales of equality designed to lull  disenfranchised masses into compliance. If the ethnicities had been reversed the Sanford police department would NOT have had to yield to pressure to arrest the shooter, it would have been done. By and large when the shooter looks like me he is arrested or shot in haste. And for those that believe because Zimmerman has Hispanic roots it negates the race issue, I’ll remind you that this country is all about PERCEPTION . You ARE what you appear to be. Your book IS judged by its cover. And to the disgrace of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr’s dream, you are prejudged by the color of your skin way before most can even get t...