Skip to main content

CORPORATE LIAISON


Well 2011 is off to good start so far.  I have officially completed my first self-published project.  It is a very unique book entitled "Corporate Liaison" and you can take a sneak peek here but definitely order your copy soon, Valentine's Day is right around the corner. 


This project was in the works for some time now, mainly because of the various creative elements that had to be blended together into a single cohesive venue.  First we have the actual story, which drives everything. It's a erotic love story about two ambitious professionals that fall for each other despite the pitfalls of an office romance. A project like this without a strong plot and interesting characters is a waste.  I believe I've been able to capture both.

Then we have the WAY the story is being revealed which is what makes this book so unconventional.  It's a collection of poems linked together by short scene descriptions and punctuated with pictures.  Yeah I know, crazy but I make it work wonderfully in a way that allows you to feel the energy and emotion of the moment.  The anticipation as these two characters meet for the first time, have that spark of attraction but have to wait.  The passion felt later on as well as the confusion and heartache.  I take you through the full cycle of a relationship in this quick read that will leave you wanting more.

All the poems are real, in that they were inspired and written for women before I ever conceived this project. You can't just write a poem with real emotion to fill a gap a book... not without a perceptive reader feeling that something is missing. 

The last device I employed was writing it in a way that allowed the reader to fully immerse themselves in the story.  This was not easy but I accomplished it by creating fully developed characters that YOU the reader have to envision.  Now I know with books we always have to envision what the characters might be, which is why the book is almost always better than the movie... our imagination is never quite captured on the big screen.  I took this a step further turning a limitation into a positive.  I deliberately did not include descriptions of either character, with the exception of personalities of course.  So you can easily slide yourself into the role and escape the rigors of life into this little fictional world.  I didn't even give them names, which provided a tiny hurdle towards the end of the book when we see email exchanges between them.

Developing the female character was also not easy, not because I'm not a female but because I wrote this with female readers in mind.  I wanted to create something that would make women feel sensual and empowered.  So the challenge was to create a strong yet feminine female character that would not take any shit BUT didn't come off as a bitch.  I didn't want to turn men off but more importantly I didn't want the female character to be foreign to women.  I want women to be able to relate to her even if they're not like her, they should be able to say, "I like how she handled that. I can do that."

Without revealing too much about the book or what happens to them, I can say that this is just the first of a series featuring these two.  The later books will not have poetry in them but I plan to take them around the world featuring my travel photography and experiences in cities like Paris, Athens, Cairo and Barcelona just to mention a few.  It should be like an international escape.

Thanks for reading and buying my book, I look forward to a very interesting 2011.

Comments

Leslie said…
Hey love. Good luck with your book. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Popular posts from this blog

OCCUPY WALL STREET IS GOOD FOR AMERICA

Like a lot of fellow Americans and people all over the world I have been following the progression of this movement.  My last blog addressed why the need for movements like this exist but now I am blogging in response to various claims that these protestors are anti-capitalist and therefore Un-American. So let’s start with the definition of Capitalism.  Unfortunately there is no static universal agreement except for certain elements which include; private ownership of development, manufacturing and distribution of goods and services for profit in a market where prices and wages are set by competition. We’ve all heard about Supply and Demand, well COMPETITION is the heart of Supply and Demand. The other important component of the idea of Capitalism is the expectation that it encourages Economic growth.  One last defining point before I jump into it.   As a student of economics I cling to the portion of the idea dealing with Free Markets which c...

The Year of MATH

Hmm... it's been a busy year. I didn't make any entries into this blog. But I did start another focusing on my photograpy. 2012 has been a year of math. Who would have expected this year's presidential race to be so dominated by numbers with special attention paid to percentages.  Let's start with my favorite GOP comedian this year; Pizza mogul Herman Cain. Like a deranged George Jefferson , Herman proposed a simplistic solution to our complicated tax code, he called, his 9-9-9 plan .  I won't go into detail here except to say it was reported to sound very much like the 9-9-9 plan of the SIM City video game. Herman finally suspended his campaign after dropping to about 8% support. The gaping chasm between the ultra rich and the rest of us was a major point of contention and the subject of several of my blog posts. The growing discontent gave rise to the Occupy movement and the division of America into the 99% and ... obviously the 1% .  The movement g...

TRAYVON

W hat we witnessed last night July 13, 2013 doesn't even come close to resembling justice yet it’s the system we live under; a system that is sending a clear and not so subtle message that people of color are not equally protected under the law. Do not tell me this wasn't racial. Do not insult my intelligence with fairy tales of equality designed to lull  disenfranchised masses into compliance. If the ethnicities had been reversed the Sanford police department would NOT have had to yield to pressure to arrest the shooter, it would have been done. By and large when the shooter looks like me he is arrested or shot in haste. And for those that believe because Zimmerman has Hispanic roots it negates the race issue, I’ll remind you that this country is all about PERCEPTION . You ARE what you appear to be. Your book IS judged by its cover. And to the disgrace of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr’s dream, you are prejudged by the color of your skin way before most can even get t...