Skip to main content

THE PLOT THICKENS

Life is more than just a collection of random events and our reactions to them... at least for me it needs to be more. Like a lot of people I need purpose, adventure, friendship and most importantly variety... routine is poison for creative people.

But as I'm learning, purpose finds YOU, so there is no need to go looking for it. Adventure gets the heart pumping fast but it walks hand in hand with drama. You might think you don't like drama but interesting lives are usually filled with some kind of dramatic event or combination of such.

Friendship, well that's all about how much you're willing to open yourself and your lives to people that have an effect on you. I have lots of people I'm friendly with but a select few friends... I mean people I can rely on.

That brings us to variety... or the need for variety which is really just the need to grow, the need to evolve, to learn, to see the world through different eyes. This has been the driving factor in my life. It is the reason why I cling so readily to the concept of "NEW", why I embrace change like an old friend and as a result it has brought me adventure and friendship. Purpose still seems elusive but as I stated above it will find me.

I recently came to a crossroads... where I needed to start thinking about where I'm going... professionally as a marketer, artist, writer and fate has opened a path for me in the direction that I was not opened to before. It's funny how the answers to the questions that cause to the most angst are sometimes right in front of our eyes. Too simply see.

Anyway I won't into detail here suffice to say adventure, friendship and variety is on the way and purpose is not too far away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OCCUPY WALL STREET IS GOOD FOR AMERICA

Like a lot of fellow Americans and people all over the world I have been following the progression of this movement.  My last blog addressed why the need for movements like this exist but now I am blogging in response to various claims that these protestors are anti-capitalist and therefore Un-American. So let’s start with the definition of Capitalism.  Unfortunately there is no static universal agreement except for certain elements which include; private ownership of development, manufacturing and distribution of goods and services for profit in a market where prices and wages are set by competition. We’ve all heard about Supply and Demand, well COMPETITION is the heart of Supply and Demand. The other important component of the idea of Capitalism is the expectation that it encourages Economic growth.  One last defining point before I jump into it.   As a student of economics I cling to the portion of the idea dealing with Free Markets which c...

The Year of MATH

Hmm... it's been a busy year. I didn't make any entries into this blog. But I did start another focusing on my photograpy. 2012 has been a year of math. Who would have expected this year's presidential race to be so dominated by numbers with special attention paid to percentages.  Let's start with my favorite GOP comedian this year; Pizza mogul Herman Cain. Like a deranged George Jefferson , Herman proposed a simplistic solution to our complicated tax code, he called, his 9-9-9 plan .  I won't go into detail here except to say it was reported to sound very much like the 9-9-9 plan of the SIM City video game. Herman finally suspended his campaign after dropping to about 8% support. The gaping chasm between the ultra rich and the rest of us was a major point of contention and the subject of several of my blog posts. The growing discontent gave rise to the Occupy movement and the division of America into the 99% and ... obviously the 1% .  The movement g...

TRAYVON

W hat we witnessed last night July 13, 2013 doesn't even come close to resembling justice yet it’s the system we live under; a system that is sending a clear and not so subtle message that people of color are not equally protected under the law. Do not tell me this wasn't racial. Do not insult my intelligence with fairy tales of equality designed to lull  disenfranchised masses into compliance. If the ethnicities had been reversed the Sanford police department would NOT have had to yield to pressure to arrest the shooter, it would have been done. By and large when the shooter looks like me he is arrested or shot in haste. And for those that believe because Zimmerman has Hispanic roots it negates the race issue, I’ll remind you that this country is all about PERCEPTION . You ARE what you appear to be. Your book IS judged by its cover. And to the disgrace of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr’s dream, you are prejudged by the color of your skin way before most can even get t...